Date Powder Sugar
This is made of 100% ground organic Dried Dabino Date Fruit, containing no fillers, bulking agents, additives or preservatives.
Date powder is easy to use as sugar, but unlike refined sugar it contains more nutritional benefits like high fibre and a long list of vitamins and minerals, including iron.
It's full of naturally occurring immune boosting prebiotic fibre and nutritious goodness.
It is an excellent substitute for refined sugar, cup for cup, as a sweetener in any baking and various confectionery foods that calls for brown sugar.
Use also in making snack bars and raw ball recipes, pancakes and sweet puddings and other desserts.
Use to enhance the taste of your porridge, Pap/Ogi, and Koko.
Note that date powder will not dissolve very well in your drinks eg tea or coffee. It is better used as in foods.
Date powder improves the taste and texture when added to sweet breads and yoghurts and other desserts.
Many Uses of Date Powder
Date Powder is a healthy sweetener substitute in:
- Protein bars
- Protein powder
- Weaning baby foods
- Baked goods (cakes, muffins and Sticky Date Pudding!)
- Dietary supplements
- Vegan confectionery products
- Ice cream
Health Benefits of Date Powder
- Adds sweetness without refined sugars
- Cholesterol free
- Sodium free
- Contains equal parts fructose and glucose.
- Dates contain Potassium, Magnesium and Copper
- Good source of Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus, Niacin and Pyridoxine.
- Proven source of antioxidants with strong antioxidant effects. Date powder is high in beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin and scored the highest in antioxidant content than any other sugar, even compared to honey and maple syrup.
How to Use Date Powder
Generally, substitute one cup of date powder for each cup granulated or refined sugar.
Recipe for Date Spice Cake
2 eggs, separate yolk and egg whites
1/3 cup butter
2 ¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp ground cloves
1 cup date powder
1 cup plus 2 tsp buttermilk
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl beat butter until softened. Add the dry ingredients and ¾ cup buttermilk. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add remaining buttermilk and the egg yolks. Beat for 1 minute
- Fold in egg white mixture.
- Pour into pre-greased and floured pan and bake at 180⁰C for 30-35 minutes.
- Start testing if it is done from the 25-minute mark.