Dried Whole Date Fruits
Satisfy your sugar cravings with nutrient-rich naturally dried whole dates that help boost energy, while managing your blood sugar levels.
Date fruits have been long eaten as a sweet snack and they are loaded with many health and nutritional benefits.
As a low GI carbohydrate, dried date fruits provide the sweetness you crave without added sugars. They help you feel full, satisfying those cravings because they have high levels of dietary fibre, energy and natural sugars, plus other nutritional components that are thought to add value to heart health, libido and fertility improvement, among other benefits.
Our dried date fruits are naturally sun dried and therefore very hard in texture with much less moisture than fresh soft dates. They have higher content of carbohydrates, fibre, iron and Vitamin C than fresh dates.
Ways to enjoy dried date fruits:
- Carefully remove the pits inside before eating. Enjoy as a sweet nutritious & high fibre snack.
- Hydrate in water, chop/puree and add to baking, smoothies, desserts, porridge and salads as a sweetener.
- You can enjoy eating dates along with cashews, almonds, and pecans for a unique snack. You can also mix dates with your breakfast cereals. It can also be served along with frozen vanilla yogurt. It can also be eaten with chicken salad and other vegetables.
- Dry dates can be soaked in hot water for like 10 minutes or can be soaked overnight to re-hydrate them before eating. Soaking it softens the dates and allows them to release sweeter flavour.
How many date fruits can be consumed a day?
About 3 to 5 date fruits can be eaten per day.
Date fruits provide numerous health benefits but it is recommended to be eaten in moderate quantities.
Health Benefits of Date Fruits
Dried dates are not just delicious; these remarkable stone fruits are very versatile and includes some major nutritional benefits. Dates are:
- Low sodium
- Good source of zinc, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium
- Loaded with essential nutrients like folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and Vitamins A, B6 & K.
- Rich in antioxidants
- A great source of soluble and insoluble fiber
- Heart healthy (according to the American Heart Association)
- Dates are a source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, containing polyphenol just like green tea
- Dates can help manage spikes in blood sugar levels due to their low GI
- Can help regulate blood pressure due to high Magnesium
- Dates contain choline, a Vitamin B component of Acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter (brain booster)
- Helps improve digestive health and prevents constipation. The soluble and insoluble fibre content in date fruits helps to clear up the gastrointestinal system, improve digestion and reduce the risk of constipation in the digestive system.
- Energy boosting snack as they are rich in natural sugars such as glucose, fructose, and sucrose
- Used traditionally and considered to be a natural aphrodisiac due to the presence of estradiol and flavonoid, which are attributed to contribute to enhancement of sexual desire, improve male fertility (sperm motility and count) and also promote weight in testes.
- Promotes healthy hair
- Promotes healthy pregnancy. Also thought to contribute to health breast milk production.
- Used traditionally to improves skin.
- Used traditionally in treating anaemia due to high iron content.
- Used traditionally to treat diarrhoea due to high fibre and Potassium content
100% naturally Whole Dried Date Fruits. Warning: Contains pits inside. Take care to avoid dental injury.
Contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives